Ready-to-use Virtual Box image

Bill Zhang

Aug 19, 2016, 1:42:28 PM8/19/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hey guys, we realised many people would like to use Remix OS on Virtual Box. But some of you might struggle a proper way to install it. You might just like to try this ready-to-use Virtual Box file.

Instructions:
2. Download & Install the latest Virtual Box from: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
3. Open the .ova file on Virtual Box

Let us know how you like this.

kalpesh...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2016, 11:39:11 AM8/23/16
to Remix OS for PC

this is error showing up in virtual box, when used your ova in virtual box.

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Remix OS for PC 64-bit.

VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Anirudh Sohil

Aug 23, 2016, 2:00:00 PM8/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
To remove this, you have to enable virtualization from your BIOS. This link might help you.

tail...@hotmail.fr

Sep 4, 2016, 3:21:20 AM9/4/16
to Remix OS for PC
any rtu vmware images with 3d acceleration support and ota?

Tails Lol

Sep 13, 2016, 3:01:06 PM9/13/16
to Remix OS for PC
nice the remix os player but cannot download it,the links are offline.

Yaser Ahmed Mohammed

Sep 14, 2016, 1:14:35 PM9/14/16
to Remix OS for PC

Tails Lol

Sep 14, 2016, 1:25:18 PM9/14/16
to Remix OS for PC
thx i was able to get it this morning. and here is my feedback:
this is a very good program,very stable but here the problem i noted:
4gb image is to small for use.
no full screen for the app.
no updater app in this rom.
no controller support.
no open gl es 3.0 support but very good results in es 2.0
some flickering and some fps drop sometime without reason,but it is rare and very small.
scrolling and zooming is not smooth and sometime does not work.
the player does not save the resolution setting.
the player does not manage well azerty keyboard. @ key does not work in azerty for exemple.
copy pasting does not work from host to guest.
outside this, this very good!
good job!
cant wait to see updates on this player project.

edgar....@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2016, 11:43:10 AM9/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
How Can I transfer something to the VM?

I have an APK on my desktop and want it inside remix

Tails Lol

Sep 15, 2016, 12:00:10 PM9/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
download it from remix browser....

ryu...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2016, 2:51:12 PM9/16/16
to Remix OS for PC
I would like to run your virtual box in full screen and nothing seems to work, any tips or instructions?

kesha...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2016, 4:07:47 PM9/27/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hey!
This image solved the problem of endless booting, now I can launch the virtual machine.
But the OS works not fluently, with bad FPS and slow response.
I attache machine's settings. May be I should change something there to normalise the system's performance?
Host is MacBook Air 2013 Mid. Attached basic specs too.
I would very love the Remix OS to work well and properly on my virtual machine.
Please, advise what can I do to succeed with this?

Steffen Demmin

Oct 11, 2016, 11:26:46 AM10/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
Do you have a 32-Bit Version for Virtual Box?

lode...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2017, 3:20:36 AM3/19/17
to Remix OS for PC
Thanks, this was a great help!

I did manage to install the 32 bit legacy Remix 3, but performance was laggy and Dungeon Boss failed to run.  This VM works much better, thank you!

Kenneth Lantier

Jul 31, 2017, 8:21:50 PM7/31/17
to Remix OS for PC
How does the download link image ova differ from the full x64 package iso image .?
 The host system; win10 pro 64x, 8 gig ddr3 ram, gtx 750 1 vram, physical ram in use approx 4 gig.
without guest system.
Is there a way to only load the  guest system from the iso on demand from either the ova or full iso file  ?

she...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 9:44:28 PM8/10/17
to Remix OS for PC

Kenneth Lantier

Aug 10, 2017, 11:00:36 PM8/10/17
to Remix OS for PC
Vb installed fine on 6x amd system.
Installed os remix 64x using ova image.
Lan network was worked but everything
else not so good.
2 cores allocated to the guest system, 2 gig of ram of the 8.
 Only a few intel audio drivers available, using a creative
sb x-fi.
32mb allocated for gtx 750.
Remix would just not run after importing the image or clicking on the
shortcut.
I would like to get a list of what cpu's and hardware this was designed for
because it feels more like for an ipad or iphone.

Caleb Hawn

Nov 6, 2017, 6:35:54 PM11/6/17
to Remix OS for PC
Thanks! I'll try it. I haven't been able to boot Remix OS yet, on VirtualBox and otherwise.

Caleb Hawn

Nov 7, 2017, 1:23:10 PM11/7/17
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com

It, unfortunately, wasn't able to start for me. I received the following error: