Install error

R3_mix

Aug 11, 2016, 8:22:13 AM8/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
I am trying to install Remix OS beta on my Alcatel Plus 10. I have made a separate partition (FAT32) of 8GB and point the installer to that partition for installation.
The installer completes until step 4 and throws the error ->Installation Failed. Please restart your When I reboot there is no option to choose Remix OS and Windows 10 just starts normally.
Some notes on my device. It is UEFI bois with no choice for legacy boot. It is also a 32bit bootloader with a 64bit cpu. Secure Boot is disabled.
I would just like to run it off the internal SSD since it only has USB 2.0 slots.
Thank you for any help!

jhvan...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2016, 3:04:42 AM8/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi, I have the same problem (Lenovo Miix 2 8"). I'm going to try this next:

alan...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2016, 3:12:42 AM8/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
Good luck, please keep me updated if you succeed to install it.

Bill Zhang

Aug 18, 2016, 12:13:16 PM8/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
can you pls try the latest version?

we tried to support UEFI 32 bit.

alan...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2016, 1:53:15 PM8/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
I tried the latest version, but unfortunately without success :(

jhvan...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 4:24:44 PM9/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
No luck. I also tried different Android x86 distros. Sometimes I get past the error but when I restart, Grub either doesn't pick up touch input, and when it does (or use a USB keyboard), I just get a black screen, or a white blinking cursor.

alan...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 4:27:52 PM9/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
Yeah! Exactly the same situation here, i feel frustrated by this, either we are missing something or it simply doesn't work

jhvan...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 4:36:34 PM9/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
Sounds like we're just unlucky, the guys with MS Surface tablets seem to get it working. I'll try again in a few months to see if there are newer versions of the different Android x86 flavours.

alan...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 4:40:05 PM9/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
Ok, if you mange to get working properly please keep me updated, i will do the same if i am lucky :)

jhvan...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 5:01:51 PM9/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
Sure, will do. Thanks :)

andreag...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2017, 12:45:16 PM9/25/17
to Remix OS for PC
Could the problem be the lack of support for Cherry Trail from Android x86 and RemixOS? Other people with Cherry Trail devices have the same problem!

jhvan...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2017, 4:09:16 PM9/30/17
to Remix OS for PC
Could be. I've managed to get PhoenixOS working, but it doesn't support my tablet's touch input.

andreag...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2017, 4:50:43 AM11/5/17
to Remix OS for PC

andreag...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2018, 9:36:11 AM2/2/18
to Remix OS for PC
So... no one was able to install a working distro of android, in the Alcatel Plus 10 tablet?

farid...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2018, 12:23:48 PM2/2/18
to Remix OS for PC
Install Dual Boot Remix Os with Windows 10

andreag...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2018, 4:08:47 AM2/3/18
to Remix OS for PC
I've tried some weeks ago, but it gave me the same problems of the other people: blank screen, no touch input, no wifi ecc... It was unusable. Is these problem resolved? Any one have tried?

Andrea Giacon

Feb 6, 2018, 3:16:13 PM2/6/18
to Remix OS for PC
Touch screen was the only problem with the Phoenix OS? Have you tried the Android 7.1 x64 or the 5.1 x86?

jhvan...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2018, 1:51:19 AM10/23/18
to Remix OS for PC
No further luck from my side. I eventually installed the Nox emulator, but the Atom processor is below the minimum specs, so it's a bit laggy. Still the most success I've had so far.

andreag...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2018, 2:32:09 AM10/23/18
to Remix OS for PC
Now there is a MOD of the Phoenix OS, with Realtek specific driver and an updated Kernel. Does someone tried it?

Arjun P

May 20, 2021, 9:16:51 AM5/20/21
to Remix OS for PC
I need the  Phoenix OS, with Realtek specific driver and an updated Kernel