Have any of you used Makor Recycle Manager software to run your operations?

cmartin

Aug 4, 2016, 4:23:40 PM8/4/16
to refurbishers
 Looking for actual experiences from other refurbishers (non profit - for profit) with this product/service before making the $7000/yr plunge!

We have developed and own our own database for receiving, quantifying and reporting materials we receive, but our system stops there and does not manage production, inventory, sales of scrap or reusables...could cost $30,000 to build our own - Makor solution is 'ready made' and costs about $13k to kick off (year one) and $6k per year after that - per user!

Help!
Chris Martin
SKILLS' eWaste Alternatives and PCs for MAINE

Information Technology Exchange
156 Searsport Avenue, Belfast, Maine 04915

Confidentiality Notice: This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for the use of the person or persons to whom it is addressed, and should be treated as a confidential communication of the Information Technology Exchange.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any further use, dissemination, copy, distribution, printing or disclosure of the communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender, return the original e-mail to us by mail and delete it from your system.  Your cooperation in protecting confidential information is appreciated.

Patrick Chezzie

Aug 4, 2016, 5:22:43 PM8/4/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris,

I have had the experience of writing a few database programs in excel, including 2 database programs for 2 large kitchen manufacturers.

Your needs seem fairly simple, and anyone who has experience with excel could write a program for you, and you would own it. No licensing fees, which would more than make up the cost for someone with excel experience to set up.

If your existing program is done in excel, it would be a very simple process to add the other requirements.

Good luck, Patrick

Computer Rescue

David Franquesa

Aug 5, 2016, 11:47:58 AM8/5/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for both contributions, @Chris, please let me know the name of this solution then we can assess their integration, and @others, please share with the group what software, tools, APPs, services, platforms, templates,... helps you to improve your performance, and event your compliance, in Spain, refurbisers has to report to legal authorities the S/N, model and manufacturer from all ewaste prepared for reuse.

With the aim to solve this issues, Electronic Reuse (eReuse.org) an European Project founded by the EU commission, have develop an open-source platform, tools, APPs, etc..., please take a look, hoping this could be useful for you.

Best Regards,
David
eReuse.org