City of Seattle proclaimed April 11th as the official Electronics Reuse Day (and InterConnection Day)

Jim Lynch

Apr 10, 2015, 12:45:18 PM4/10/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Just thought ya'll might like to check out the attached official proclamation of Seattle's Electronics Reuse Day. It is April 11th 2015 (tomorrow). Our member, InterConnection is named in the proclamation.

The ever modest Charles Brennick told me "maybe other refurbishers can get their city to proclaim a reuse day.  It was pretty easy.  We just asked."

-jim
Proclamation_2015 Seattle Electronics Reuse Day.pdf

Vincent

Apr 10, 2015, 1:53:31 PM4/10/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to Seattle!

I'm also reading the statement from Charles Brennick.   In NYC, the Lower East Side Ecology Center executes collection events.    They also "reuse" electronics, but only to the point where they appease anyone who asks about reuse.   There are no reuse metrics published by them, just shredding metrics.   About 100 ft^2 is devoted to sale of refurbished items in a Brooklyn warehouse.   That warehouse probably has 5000 ft^2.  Councilmember Bill DeBlasio also helped out with these wrap-and-shred events several years ago.    He got an award from the LESEC.   He's now the mayor.

I would like to have the same proclamation here in NYC.   I will need a very detailed plan, probably something more detailed than the battle plan for Operation Overlord.

Thoughts?