question about citizenship licenses

Joseph Rossetti

Apr 14, 2014, 12:55:39 PM4/14/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

The more i learn about this program the more I wonder if it is going to work for my situation.  Originally I was looking for a way to provide legal copies of windows and office to anyone.  I was going to take old xp machines re furbish them re install win 7 and sell them to make extra money.
With the cost of commercial licenses I don't know if that is a viable option and I get the impression that it is not the intention of the program.

With regard to citizenship licenses am I correct that low income individuals can qualify for a refurbished computer with a citizenship license?

This whole journey of mine started because I know a sweet old lady that goes to my church.  She was given an old xp machine and now that xp is gone she doesn't have the money to buy anything new.

Thanks again for your help.  If I can provide cit licenses to low income elderly in my area that would be what I would do with this program.  Also I am guessing that I can use cit licenses for a church?

Joseph

Jim Lynch

Apr 14, 2014, 1:42:01 PM4/14/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Joseph,

On the use of RRP citizenship licensing for church - essentially yes. It’s fine to use RRP citizenship licensing for refurbed PCs for churches  except that we can’t provide refurbed PCs equipped with RRP Citizenship Office to church schools (or any schools).

Find my original post on this at:

The inclusion of churches for eligibility for RRP citizenship licensing is actually a somewhat new development.

-jim

Ryan McFadden

Apr 16, 2014, 9:19:28 AM4/16/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Hi

We are a refurbishing charity called Electronic Access Foundation. We do exactly what you're referring to. In order to keep all parties pleased you may only sell citizen licenses to charities and other educational organizations. However when you sign up for the program this allows you access to commercial licenses that you may sell on your updated machines. They are a bit more but work if that is your intention. From our experience people will buy XP and update themselves. The difference in price seeing and XP refurbished vs 7 had but been that substantial in our experience.

Ryan McFadden
Executive Director
Electronic Access Foundation
908.872.6922