SDS4MAR Software

Santi Castro Olivares

Apr 22, 2016, 8:04:05 AM4/22/16
to refurbishers
Hi Everybody,
Use currently RPK software to deploy Windows 7 but this software is not compatible with Windows 10.
Someone is using the SDS4MAR to deploy Windows 10?
It works similar to RPK?
I am Spanish, my English is very limited, sorry.

Santiago Castro

Willie Cade

Apr 22, 2016, 9:54:08 AM4/22/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Friends,

We are very happy with SDS4MAR.  The support is good and the imaging process is fast.  Our best time so far has been 11 minutes (without a hardware test).  We add a 3 minute hardware test at the beginning and a 15 minute burn in test at the end.  The software is in English but not Spanish.

Remember that Windows 10 restore process is a totally different technology than Windows 7.

BTW, I highly recommend that ALL refurbishers start working on their Windows 10 deployment ASAP.  Unlike previous O/S transitions I don’t see any possibility that Microsoft will extend the end of sale date for Windows 7!

If you have specific questions please feel free to e-mail me directly, wil...@pcrr.com.

Willie Cade| CEO | PC Rebuilders & Recyclers

  4734 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60651 |www.PCRR.com

 Wil...@pcrr.com | office: 773-545-7575 x 7002

Stay in touch: LinkedInFacebook | Twitter | Our site

Want more information about the Electronics Reuse Conference?

Apr 23, 2016, 5:29:57 AM4/23/16
to Refurbishers Mailinglist
Last I checked Windows 10 wasn't available through the MRR portal. I
see one local large discount retailer selling refurbished Windows 10
computers, which leaves me wondering how they are if we don't see any
licenses? Are there Win 10 licenses available through the commercial
MRR/MAR markets?
--
Charles McColm, Author: Instant XBMC,
Columnist: Full Circle Magazine,

Willie Cade

Apr 23, 2016, 8:40:47 AM4/23/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Refurbishers,

Yes, the MARs got windows 10 in Feb. I am confident that the RRPs will get it in July. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Willie Cade| CEO | PC Rebuilders & Recyclers
  4734 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60651 |www.PCRR.com
 Wil...@pcrr.com | office: 773-545-7575 x 7002
Stay in touch: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Our site

Want more information about the Electronics Reuse Conference?

Christian Mendelsohn @ Loaves, Fishes & Computers.

Apr 27, 2016, 2:52:21 PM4/27/16
to refurbishers
Good Day.

I spoke will Bill Romero from SoftThinks (He's great. #: 757-846-1902    email: bi...@softthinks.com), who gave us a remote overview of SDS4MAR software, and it seems very easy to use with quite reasonable pricing. As of now, it's our only option and a good one at that. below is an overview that I created yesterday. Please let me know if I have made any errors.

Like so many of you, we will have to be migrating off RPK ASAP and our only option is SDS4MAR as of now with the looming Deadline in q3/q4 of 2016. SDS4MAR is the image diagnostics/wiping/auditing option for a per-image deployment fee. You purchase blocks of licenses. The more you purchase, the less it is. Softthinks has a full version and its pricing model differs (more money/computer that touches that software over the network) because it includes other features such as data migration/Windows repair/file recovery.

In my opinion, we are going to go with SDS4MAR to start. You can do an inplace upgrade to the full version if ever you want it. A license is used when an image is deployed (successfully or not). SDS4MAR does a pre-diagnostics before deploying image (RAM/HDD check for a duration of your choice ~ 1-5 minutes). IF SMART fails (not sure what the threshold/tolerance is), or RAM fails the test, SDS4MAR will say it has failed and not deploy Windows, thus, not eating up a license for deployment on a faulty computer. SDS4MAR comes with 2 months of free, unlimited image deployment while a non-profit is migrating/learning it. After two months, its a per image deployment fee. I believe there is 1 month free email support. SDS4 MAR is a free download, and comes with a manual on how to install and configure (We have a copy to read before downloading to see if it is the right software for us We have not read it yet). Here is a copy of the manual if you want to view it. I was told that PCRR will ship a server pre-configured out to nonprofits for free, but the cost/image deployment is more, understandably so.

I asked if we could migrate our current RPK images to SDS4MAR and here is what Bill told me:
"The images will have to be recreated. The generic images require a software called Master Hard Disk Creator to be run on them before they are captured. Also, the images need to be shut down while in Audit mode for the post testing, before they are captured."

Santi Castro Olivares

May 10, 2016, 2:07:56 PM5/10/16
to refurbishers
I just downloaded a trial version of the software sds4mar for to deploy windows 10. I'll install on my server windows server 2012. I will tell you the result when I do the tests ...
I have 5 licences code.

Message has been deleted