Screencast-o-Matic application recommended for Mac OS 10.7 (or higher)

Phil Shapiro

Aug 3, 2015, 11:38:34 PM8/3/15
to refurbishers, incl...@forums.e-democracy.org

 If you're refurbishing Macs with Mac OS 10.7 (or higher), I recommend installing the free
Screencast-o-Matic program.  It's excellent and empowers community  members to be explainers
and multimedia storytellers.  I'd say it works particularly well with LibreOffice Presentation program,
which is also free.

   This explanatory screencast about Screencast-o-Matic explains all its features.

   Here is the teacher who created that screencast.

   She will likely make other excellent screencasts.

             phil

Phil Shapiro, psha...@his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/stories.menu.html

"Wisdom begins with wonder." - Socrates
"Learning happens thru gentleness."

Steven Feldman

Aug 18, 2015, 7:50:06 PM8/18/15
to refurbishers, incl...@forums.e-democracy.org
hi,
Our read of the Apple OSX license makes it appear to prohibit refurbishing with OSX, unless you're an authorized dealer/repair center. If you have a different read, can you describe your rationale?

Thanks,
Steven Feldman
Executive Director
Nonprofit Technology Resources