EPA Environmental Award - Do we want to nominate a refurbisher?

Jim Lynch

Apr 23, 2014, 1:45:39 PM4/23/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
This caught my attention. Nominations are now open for EPA's Region 9 annual Environmental Awards. The awards recognize individuals and groups in the Pacific Southwest who are working to protect public health and the environment - scientists, teachers, citizen activists, young people, nonprofits, businesses, public officials and others.

This particular award is for someone in EPA region 9 which includes California, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii. If we want to mount a little mini campaign for a handful of us to nominate one of our own in one of those states, I think the timing is about right for EPA to do the award at ICRS in Denver in November.

It's a pretty quick online nomination form. Nominations are due by May 31st and they choose 6 to 8 people to get an award. I think we'd have a shot.

Just a thought...

http://www2.epa.gov/region-9-documents/forms/environmental-awards-how-nominate

-jim

Phil Shapiro

May 8, 2014, 4:43:52 PM5/8/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Computers for Classrooms represents some of the best practices within our community.

           Others on the list, do share whatever organizations and individuals you admire most in those
specified states.

              phil

May 8, 2014, 7:03:55 PM5/8/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com