EULA Round 3

senile2

Aug 10, 2014, 4:40:38 PM8/10/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone come up with a "simple" way to display the EULA for win7 and win8 MRR after activation?  I have looked at the "run sysprep twice" proposal, and that seems to be over kill for displaying  a simple form with approval.  Would signed paper copies of the EULA be accepted by MS?  How about a run one time at startup program that displays the EULA and ask for a digital signature and acceptance?

Lot of questions, but we have run out of VISTA machines and need to start giving out our MRR machines that have already been built.

Thanks
Gary D
TVCUC TAP

Ryan McDowell

Aug 11, 2014, 2:17:24 PM8/11/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
I believe the simplest way and the correct way is using sysprep and pre
entered keys. We have the end customer input the key and do final
activation. It is a standard part of using and owning a license for MS
windows. There is no reason to hide this simple reality of operating
system usage. Just my to cents of course.

Ryan Mc

Michael Furst

Aug 12, 2014, 10:35:53 AM8/12/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
I tend to agree with Ryan's approach. For those who still want to preactivate for your customers, it does require that you use sysprep and adding the key to the unattended installation script. In addition it would require that you don't rearm your install as part of your sysprep process. These are both settings that can be added via Windows System Image Manager (WSIM) which comes with the OPK (Windows 7) and ADK (Windows 8 and 8.1).

Michael Furst | COO | PC Rebuilders & Recyclers
  4734 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60651
 mfu...@pcrr.com | (773) 545-7575 x7001

Stay in touch:

senile2

Aug 12, 2014, 3:29:46 PM8/12/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com, mfu...@pcrr.com
As with most questions, there is usually something not said...... we are a charitable org that refurb's PC's for "needy" families.  We did an un-official survey to find out how many of our users have hi speed internet - and the answer was very few.  So letting them complete the process is kind of out of the question.  Most of them don't even have dial-up.  I am currently looking at RUNONCE against the EULA on the system (open file with ADOBE form with the accept message and storing it back into the current position).  This simulates the real process and makes the end user part of the process without the need for internet.

Thanks for your and Michaels comments.....

Gary D

patrick chezzie

Mar 26, 2015, 1:10:03 PM3/26/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com, mfu...@pcrr.com
Could you please tell me how to use Adobe to post the EULA? Thx.