Win 7 updates?

patrick chezzie

Apr 18, 2016, 9:54:20 AM4/18/16
to refurbishers
It seems that as of October 31 this year, we will no longer have to worry about win 7 updates. I have customers calling me with problems with updates, and I can't get my computers finished, as the updates that are critical to installing elusive drivers, has slowed if not stopped production. Is this a problem with Microsoft or have they stopped the updates? getting a lot of angry customers too.

Pat Vickers

Apr 18, 2016, 10:18:54 AM4/18/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
I have read that Microsoft's update servers are overloaded with windows 10. I'm having trouble with those updates as well. I had to update several Windows 7 PCs a couple of weeks ago. They were all new installs so had over 200 updates. They kept hanging on checking for updates.  I found I had better luck when I installed this fix https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3050265 and scheduled a check for updates overngiht. That didn't always work though.