Windows 10

Trinidad Reyes

Mar 29, 2018, 2:27:34 PM3/29/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Does anyone know of a good tool to crack a windows 10 password? We have a client that forgot their password and we’re trying to help. They rather not do a restore on their machine. Hope someone can help.

Trinidad

Sent from my iPhone

Martin Reddy

Mar 29, 2018, 2:57:50 PM3/29/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trinidad,

Lots of helpful tools on bootdisk.com including some password tools, use at your own risk I have no link to the website or it’s content but have used some of the tools on there in the past without issue.

Regards

Martin

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Smith

Mar 29, 2018, 3:07:16 PM3/29/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
If it's a local password there are a number of programs out there to
reset the password.  It it's one that is associated with an email
account there isn't any practical way that I know of to reset it.

Christy Ramsey

Mar 30, 2018, 11:51:13 AM3/30/18
to refurbishers
We use the commerical Lazesoft, a favorite of a previous tech to clear local passwords among other tasks. http://www.lazesoft.com/

I also have used the old user hostile Trinity Rescue Disk for password clearing.
http://trinityhome.org/Home/blog.php?front_id=15
Ultimate Boot Disk is another option. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

With a Microsoft Account (indicated by a email address as a username) I do not know a way to "crack" it. There is a work around. Copy the info to a new account. Using one of the above tools, enable the Administrator account, reboot into Windows, log in, create a replacement user account, take control of the files in the locked user account (just go to them in explorer and be prepared to wait), then copy them to the new account. Works fairly well. Drilling into the AppData directory to restore bookmarks (favorites) is optional.

If you don't use a Linux or Windows PE based utility disk to enable the Administrator and reset the password, you can use the sticky keys method with a Windows boot disk in repair mode with a command prompt. Here is one explanation offered by Google:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-administrator-password-windows-sticky-keys

Christy Ramsey

Christy Ramsey