RE: How do I format an Msata drive?

patrick chezzie

Jun 17, 2016, 4:45:34 PM6/17/16
to refurbishers
I have a dell mini 9, and it is showing 0 bytes on the msata drive. Is there a way to format the drive with a usb stick? I am trying to install neverware but the computer can't find the drive.

Thank you all.

David Franquesa

Jun 20, 2016, 1:20:31 PM6/20/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Patrick,

Device Diagnostic and Inventory uses an ubuntu system and you can wipe the hard disk, it includes SMART tools to check if the hard disk has problems  (sudo device-inventory --smart short)

https://github.com/eReuse/device-inventory

If you need help just ask,

Best Regards,

David