Windows 10 MRR - Security Code

Ozzie Serrano

Jul 31, 2016, 4:00:31 PM7/31/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

One of our techs is testing some OCR (Optical Character Recognition) programs. To capture the security codes, and import them on a spreadsheet to upload MRR portal.

We have something that is working, but not quite efficient enough for production.  We working on finding a program that will allow us to use templates, instead of having to manually highlight the areas with the codes that we need.

We're currently using free OCR, but we have to manually grab the codes.  If anyone has any ideas, or is using a more efficient program.  Feel free to share.

--
Ozzie Serrano
Computers for Classrooms

Joe Grane

Aug 9, 2016, 12:47:33 PM8/9/16
to refurbishers
Thanks for the tip about the OCR option.   We scanned the COAs to a pdf, opened it with Adobe Acrobat, copied and pasted into our spreadsheet.

It is not fun but it works.

Joe
Teamchildren.com