RE: cloud ready Neverware

patrick chezzie

Jun 20, 2016, 4:16:23 PM6/20/16
to refurbishers

This Neverware has turned out to become a real nightmare. First of all, I downloaded the Neverware zip file, then downloaded the Chrome app to create a recovery disk. I opened the chrome app and selected the zip file, and it extracted files to my Sandisk USB, where it was supposed to write to the USB and create a recovery. The install window would not install the files and just sat there doing nothing. Upon further research on the problem, I found that Sandisk USB drives won’t work with the program.

I then tried using win32 disk imager and it also didn’t work. I then tried both the chrome app and disk imager on a Lexar USB, and they didn’t work either.

Then I tried reformatting my Lexar and sandisk USB drives, and each one came back with only 1 gig of space showing, and had to go to the following to get them back to normal. This would be worth posting to all who might have had the same problem, and need help;

http://d.adroll.com/cm/r/outhttp://d.adroll.com/cm/b/outhttp://d.adroll.com/cm/w/outhttp://d.adroll.com/cm/x/outhttp://d.adroll.com/cm/l/outhttp://d.adroll.com/cm/o/outhttp://d.adroll.com/cm/g/out?google_nid=adrollhttp://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/viewthroughconversion/1032613984/?label=uSprCMLcrQcQ4OCx7AM&guid=ON&script=0&ord=4670815373430272http://ib.adnxs.com/seg?add=783075&t=2http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/viewthroughconversion/1032613984/?label=CeFDCNaCnVYQ4OCx7AM&guid=ON&script=0&ord=4670815373430272http://ib.adnxs.com/seg?add=2028648&t=2http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/viewthroughconversion/1032613984/?label=yrG-COOAnVYQ4OCx7AM&guid=ON&script=0&ord=4670815373430272http://ib.adnxs.com/seg?add=2028363&t=2http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/viewthroughconversion/1032613984/?label=dTE5CNCbnVYQ4OCx7AM&guid=ON&script=0&ord=4670815373430272http://ib.adnxs.com/seg?add=2029442&t=2.. You open a dos command window WITH run with administrator privilege. then type the following cmds.
- Diskpart Starts program Do Not type the - (ie diskpart> List disk then enter key)
- LIST DISK (shows all disk, look for Disk Number of the Drive (Your USB drive)
- SELECT DISK X (For X insert USB drive Number)
- DETAIL DISK (Detailed information of the disk that has the focus This will show if you have selected the correct drive.)
- CLEAN (One of the most practical and most dangerous: it removes at once all the partitions on the selected disk.)
Note for the next two do NOT use the size=n)
- CREATE PARTITION EXTENDED (Creates an extended partition on the current drive. After the partition has been created, the focus automatically shifts to the new partition.)
- CREATE PARTITION LOGICAL (Creates a logical drive in the extended partition. After the partition has been created, the focus automatically shifts to the new logical drive.)
- EXIT (Quits DISKPART and returns to the command prompt classic)

If this doesn’t work, then there is the following commands that worked for me;

Try this after "Clean" command:

- create partition primary

- select partition 1

- active

- format fs=ntfs quick

- assign

Change "ntfs" to "fat32" or "fat" if you rather use them.

I think I will wait until neverware has a better installer. Maybe the best thing they can do is come up with a self boot extracting progam instead of all that junk above and stop ruining USB drives.

Further to this, I got a generic USB flash drive and was able to set up the drive with the program and installed on a Dell OptiPlex 390. The computer is a desktop core I3, and runs DDR3 memory, and runs UEFI, which makes me wonder how well it will run on older computers. Please note, that Neverware will only run on a specific number of computer models, and the list is available on the Neverware website. This can be a real hassle if you have a number of older computers, as you will have to cross reference models to the list. Please note that the free home version cannot be set up for distribution, as it requires you to have a Google account and password to set it up. The interface kind of reminds me of Windows 95, with elements of Linux in the operating system. It works quite well with 2 gig of ram, but with a non-friendly user interface, I will stick to my win7.

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 10
Auto Generated Inline Image 11
Auto Generated Inline Image 12