Office COAs not working

Charles Brennick

Jul 2, 2015, 11:25:51 AM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

We recently received a batch of Office COAs that aren’t working correctly.  When we activate Office we are getting the error message that says the key has been activated the maximum number of times.  But these keys have never been used.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Or has anyone experienced this problem in the past?  Any fixes?

Thanks

Charles

************************
Charles Brennick | Director
(
206) 310-4547 direct line
www.interconnection.org

3415 Stone Way N
Seattle, WA 98103

jim....@comcast.net

Jul 2, 2015, 11:43:37 AM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
I have had the same issues. The telephone number that I have been given for
resolving the issue through Microsoft is 888-571-2048 but I haven't tried it yet. Smile

Jim Finch
JF Industries, LLC.
Occam BLC-6000 and Calix B6 Buy / Sell / Repair
"Golden Rule Recycling"
jim....@comcast.net
(404)-697-3996

Jul 2, 2015, 11:45:49 AM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Just FYI, this is the recent response that I received:
Hello Jim,

Thank you for contacting the Registered Refurbisher Program.

We understand that you are having difficulties to activate Windows 7 Pro product keys. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

However, please be advised that the Regional Service Center for the Registered Refurbisher Program provides support exclusively relating to your RRP membership. We do not provide technical or activation support. Please contact the Activations Team directly at: 888-571-2048 (press 0 repeatedly until you reach a representative) for further assistance. The team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We also suggest you access one of the forums that discuss refurbisher issues such as installations inquiries.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/refurbishers

http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/community/f/

Jul 2, 2015, 3:28:12 PM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

There is a similar discussion in this Group, under the subject “HELP!”, on 3/28/14. It seems to be about the same problem, and the approaches to fixing.

Ruth at C2SDK seems to have one (awkward, annoying) remedy – re-entering and possibly activating by phone.

Stephen Brown

Bill Buehler

Jul 2, 2015, 3:29:27 PM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

We bought 70 Office COA. I had to install all but 5 by telephone.

Bill

Jul 2, 2015, 3:44:38 PM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

We bought 900 COAs.  Microsoft support says activate by phone, which is not realistic.  I’m trying to figure out another fix.

Charles

************************
Charles Brennick | Director
(
206) 310-4547 direct line
www.interconnection.org

3415 Stone Way N
Seattle, WA 98103

Jim Smith

Jul 2, 2015, 4:07:16 PM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Same here but only some and no apparent pattern to the condition.

CHARLES MCCOLM

Jul 2, 2015, 5:31:30 PM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if this helps: try right clicking on one of the office programs and running as administrator for the activation.  I think this is how we got around the issue. Even though we were logged in as an administrator account the only way activation worked for us was to run as administrator.  Originally I thought it was something in our process, but it sounds like a big problem. Plmk if it works.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Ryan

Jul 2, 2015, 5:47:07 PM7/2/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Are any of you using OSPP to activate? The few times this happened to me in the past it would work using OSPP.

Ryan Mc.

Brendan Schmolz

Jul 4, 2015, 7:30:22 AM7/4/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
We had this issue at one time as well. We had a large quantity of COAs that this was happening too, after several emails to Microsoft they finally agreed to replace the defective COAs and ordered us to destroy the bad ones. I have learned you need to be pretty patient and insistent with the Microsoft refurbishers team, eventually they will help more then just giving you the number to call for activation. It doesn't help that when you do call and speak to someone at Microsoft, most of them have no clue what the MRR program is...

Happy 4th!!

Brendan Schmolz
RET3

Sent from my iPhone

Charles Brennick

Jul 8, 2015, 12:01:43 PM7/8/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Here’s an update on the bad COA issue for refurbishers who have experienced the same problem.   We were told this is a known issue and a fix is in the works.   It turned out that most of the COAs worked.  Just the COAs at the beginning of the roll were bad.  Once that was pointed out we had a work around.

Regards

Charles

************************
Charles Brennick | Director
(
206) 310-4547 direct line
www.interconnection.org

3415 Stone Way N
Seattle, WA 98103

Willie Cade

Jul 8, 2015, 12:03:41 PM7/8/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Charles,

Thanks for your leadership on this issue.

Willie Cade | CEO |  PC Rebuilders & Recyclers

  4734 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60651 |www.PCRR.com

 wil...@pcrr.com | office: 773-545-7575 x 7002

cid:image003.png@01CF4834.C1787530

  Stay in touch: LinkedIn |  Facebook | Twitter | Our site

  Join us in New Orleans Nov. 2-4, 2015 | http://www.ereuseconference.com/

jim....@comcast.net

Jul 23, 2015, 3:06:09 PM7/23/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Dear God in heaven, I ordered twenty Office 2010 citizenship licenses and the first
four do not let me activate them. I decided to use the telephone number that Microsoft
had provided to me and I am still on the call after 45 minutes and being disconnected once.

This is onerous!! Frown

Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 11:45:48 AM

Ryan

Jul 23, 2015, 3:51:33 PM7/23/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried activating with OSPP? In many cases I can activate using this tool when the other one does not work.

Ryan Mc

jim....@comcast.net

Jul 23, 2015, 4:10:01 PM7/23/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
When the Microsoft person logged on to the computer to have Office activated I think
that they indeed were using OSPP. How is that done Ryan? I have four more systems
to get ready for a local food bank's computer lab. Smile

Jul 23, 2015, 5:16:26 PM7/23/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to add. To review all the things OSPP does use:

/? to get the details

Ryan Mc.

jim....@comcast.net

Jul 23, 2015, 5:36:37 PM7/23/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
LOL! That's exactly what I watched the Microsoft tech do live on the computer screen. Cool
Thanks Ryan!!

Jim

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:14:39 PM

Jim Smith

Jul 29, 2015, 12:05:09 PM7/29/15
to refurbishers, bren...@interconnection.org
Recently someone posted a reply about using a product key from YouTube as a temporary measure to do the install of Office and subsequently there was a set of instructions about using a vbs script to change the key for activation.  For the life of me I can't find that thread even though I thought I saved the email.

Can someone provide a link to that post or forward that link to me?

Thanks

Jim Smith

Jul 29, 2015, 12:18:01 PM7/29/15
to refurbishers, bren...@interconnection.org