New repair cafe documentary looks excellent - screening in Vancouver

Phil Shapiro

May 6, 2017, 7:27:35 PM5/6/17
to ctcnet, refurbishers, inclusion, dcmetrosi...@yahoogroups.com
  See http://www.sadmag.ca/blog/2017/5/3/in-conversation-with-cat-mills

   Many years before repair cafe's appeared on the scene, Stan Pokras was running a repair-cafe-style
service at Nonprofit Technology Resources, in Philadelphia.

     I shot this video back in 2005 - as I recall.

                   phil

Phil Shapiro, psha...@his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/stories.menu.html

"Wisdom begins with wonder." - Socrates
"Learning happens thru gentleness."

Jim Lynch

May 7, 2017, 2:55:52 PM5/7/17
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Very fun, Phil! Stan is one of our genuine pioneering heroes. For those who don’t know him, Stan founded Nonprofit Technology Resources in Philadelphia

in 1980 and was also a pioneer activist and organizer for digital inclusion for the Community Technology Centers Network (CTCnet).

-jim