Win 10 problems

patrick chezzie

Mar 26, 2018, 10:53:38 PM3/26/18
to refurbishers
What is happening with windows 10 still crashing and locking people out of their computers? I specifically refer to the start menu not working issue. There is and was a 4 gig update that seems to have fixed this problem, so why are us refurbishers not receiving new install disks that have the 4 gig update, so we don't continue having these issues. I have customers coming back on me for this problem, and trying to explain it every time, makes me want to pull my hair out. Win 10 is the most awful distro I have ever worked with; worse than Millenium and Vista!

Sean Dion

Mar 26, 2018, 11:17:07 PM3/26/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Wait...you actually received a disk to install Windows?  LOL

Sean Dion
Sent from Outlook for Android

What is happening with windows 10 still crashing and locking people out of their computers? I specifically refer to the start menu not working issue. There is and was a 4 gig update that seems to have fixed this problem, so why are us refurbishers not receiving new install disks that have the 4 gig update, so we don't continue having these issues. I have customers coming back on me for this problem, and trying to explain it every time, makes me want to pull my hair out. Win 10 is the most awful distro I have ever worked with; worse than Millenium and Vista!

patrick chezzie

Mar 27, 2018, 7:47:23 AM3/27/18
to refurbishers
Sean, is this answer you gave me a joke? I am dead serious!

patrick chezzie

Mar 27, 2018, 7:47:57 AM3/27/18
to refurbishers

On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 11:17:07 PM UTC-4, sdion wrote:
Wait...you actually received a disk to install Windows?  LOL

Sean Dion
Sent from Outlook for Android

Mar 27, 2018, 10:35:25 AM3/27/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Why don't you just download the file and create your image from that?

That's what we do anyhow.  A disk is static.  A file to download can be updated regularly.

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:47:57 AM
To: refurbishers
Subject: Re: [Refurbishers List] Win 10 problems

Harold Mitts

Mar 28, 2018, 12:49:46 PM3/28/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Registered Refurbishers can contact their distributor and order a media kit. When doing so, you should ensure its the latest version of Windows. With Microsoft coming out with new versions of Windows twice per year, this is a good practice to keep your manufacturing images up to date.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/refurbishers.

Martin Reddy

Mar 28, 2018, 2:41:13 PM3/28/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
I would agree with Sean and Harold either download the latest revision of the OS of which there are many or request the latest version, this would not be my preferred option as the can be a time lag compared to the pretty easy and instant download option.

I would also add that updating the bios on older machines can fix a lot of problems with lots of things like power management, video cards, touchpads and lots of other stuff.

Happy Easter to all

Martin

Sent from my iPhone

patrick chezzie

Mar 28, 2018, 9:19:10 PM3/28/18
to refurbishers
I have been refurbishing computers for 10 years now, and have depended on the RRPNA to keep me up to date. I am feeling a little left out of the loop, and have heard nothing about the frequency of new updates for Win 10, nor have i ever heard of the site to download a "latest" version of win 10. I check the portal regularly, and have found no information on any of this. Please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question, but where can I download the latest version of win 10? And why is this information not available on the portal, or is it?
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/refurbishers.

Jim Smith

Mar 28, 2018, 10:58:35 PM3/28/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
This will always automatically download the latest 'version' of W10 come out i.e.1703, 1709 and waiting on 1803.