HP ELITE 8300 W8 WITHOUT COA

Santi Castro Olivares

Nov 15, 2017, 11:20:55 AM11/15/17
to refurbishers
Hi Everybody,

We are adhering to the Microsoft RRP program to recondition PC.

We bought a batch of PC model HP 8300, these PCs came from factory with Windows 8 installed, but these PCs do not have a COA label, they only have a label with the logo of Windows 8, attached photo of the logo.
In order to install a commercial Windows 10 license, Microsoft requires that PCs have a pre-existing COA label, my question is as follows:
These PCs that do not have a factory COA label (only have a label with the Windows 8 logo) it is possible to install a commercial license for Windows 10?

Thanks,
Santiago Castro

hp 8300 w8.jpg

Harold Mitts

Nov 16, 2017, 12:36:43 PM11/16/17
to refurbishers
Unfortunately such PC is not eligible for RRP Commercial based on the current RRP program rules.
So Microsoft recommends to distribute such PCs to non profit organizations like schools etc. and use RRP Citizenship license.

Harold Mitts

Nov 16, 2017, 1:57:07 PM11/16/17
to refurbishers
Another option would be to sign up with a MAR to become a TPR (third-party refurbisher). This would allow you to attach a MAR COA, which is eligible to be applied to devices which do not have an existing COA, even for commercial recipients. To sign up as a TPR, you need to approach a MAR and request to become a TPR for them. You can still own the devices in a TPR scenario. You can find a list of all MAR partners worldwide at the Microsoft refurbisher site here: https://dpcenter.microsoft.com/en/Partner-Community/Connect-with-Communities/dp-microsoft-authorized-refurbisher-partner-directory

Santi Castro Olivares

Nov 16, 2017, 4:06:44 PM11/16/17
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harold,
Thank you very much for your information