Tradeloop Ethics Committee

Sean Dion

May 18, 2015, 1:58:37 PM5/18/15
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Back in December, I made a purchase for 900+ “A GRADE” Dell monitors.  The monitors arrived and we immediately told the vendor (and sent pictures) that because of how poorly they were packed (i.e. NO packing material whatsoever – no bubble, no plastic, no cardboard – no NOTHING) we needed additional time to try to salvage as many of those units that were still “A GRADE.”  Not in so many words, we were told “don’t worry about it… we’ll take care of you.”

When we completed the audit some time later, I sent our final audit report for 200 defective or otherwise non “A GRADE” units.  We asked for a refund as I couldn’t risk them sending more monitors and wasting our time.  No packing material on monitors?  Really???  After 4 months of getting the complete run-around – with more than 50 documented attempts to resolve the issue, I decided to try the Tradeloop Ethics Committee complaint process.

It wasn’t until the vendor saw what I posted to Tradeloop until he seemed he was going to actually take care of business for us.  We agreed to send the goods back, and we were supposed to have received our refund within 3 days of receipt of the returned monitors.  5 weeks later, I finally received our refund.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I would NOT have received my refund had I not made this public though the Tradeloop Ethics process.  Hopefully something like this doesn’t happen to you, but I would highly encourage you to use the Tradeloop Ethics process if you find yourself in a similar position.

KUDOS to Tradeloop!

Sean Dion

TKO Electronics, Inc.

31113 Via Colinas