Help EPA celebrate the 20th Anniversary of America Recycles Day - Nov. 15th 2017

Jim Lynch

Nov 3, 2017, 12:58:17 PM11/3/17
to refurbishers
Hi Everybody,

Brandon Bray at the U.S. EPA (yes they're still alive) just asked me to let ya'll know about this.

This year marks the 20th anniversary of America Recycles Day (ARD), an annual celebration that occurs every November 15th. In celebration of this, EPA will be sending out recycling posts on our social media accounts leading up to and on November 15th. America Recycles Day is a great opportunity for your organization to share its accomplishments around electronics recycling, so please consider joining EPA in spreading the message about electronics recycling by creating your own tweets and/or retweeting some of the sample tweets below.

Hashtags to Use Surrounding ARD
#AmericaRecyclesDay, #BeRecyled, #Recycle, and #RecycleMore are our hashtags for America Recycles Day, and #eCycling and #ElectronicChallenge are our hashtags for the Electronics Challenge. We encourage you to use them in your social media posts.

Connect with us on Social Media
We’ll be posting on the below accounts in celebration of America Recycles Day from Nov. 2 through Nov. 15. Please consider retweeting and reposting our messages! Also, please let us know what social media messages you send out. Our accounts are:

Twitter: @EPAland (EPA Office of Land and Emergency Management)
                @EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)

Facebook: EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)

Instagram: @epagov (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)

Sample Tweets from EPA
Below are some examples of social media posts that EPA will put out surrounding Electronics Recycling and America Recycles Day. Please feel free to use any of these posts or to amplify any that EPA sends out.

  • ·Don’t know how to recycle your used electronics? Check out our list of companies that recycle electronics with the environment in mind! #eCycling https://www.epa.gov/recycle/electronics-donation-and-recycling#where
  • Recycling electronics keeps valuable resources circulating in our economy. Join us and #RecycleMore of your electronics. #eCycling
  • Our #ElectronicsChallenge ensures responsible recycling through the use of third-party certified recyclers. What do you do with your used electronics? #Recycle https://www.epa.gov/recycle/electronics-donation-and-recycling#where
  • Nov. 15 is the 20th #AmericaRecyclesDay. Help us celebrate by recycling your electronics w/ a certified recycler: https://go.usa.gov/xngSN
  • Happy #AmericaRecyclesDay! Let’s #RecycleMore electronics today & everyday. Check out our web page for more info: https://go.usa.gov/xnYwF
  • #Recycle electronics, save energy—recycling 1 mil laptops saves energy equiv. to electricity used by > 3,500 homes in a year. #eCycling
  • As we celebrate #AmericaRecyclesDay, help us #RecycleMore electronics with certified recyclers—they don’t belong in regular recycling bins
 -jim

Lorraine Kerwood McKenzie

Nov 3, 2017, 2:26:03 PM11/3/17
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Super fun! hey - you might want to let Brandon know he has a spelling error in this hash tag: #BeRecyled,

Jim Lynch

Nov 3, 2017, 3:16:20 PM11/3/17
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Good catch, Lorraine! Thanks!