Windows 10 MRR - security code - seriously?

Sean Dion

Jul 20, 2016, 1:21:06 PM7/20/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

So we are processing our first batch of Windows 10 MRR licenses and notice that the new template is different.  It looks to require a security code.  Serious?  We have to type in the individual codes manually?  Is that some sort of way for Microsoft to discourage us from selling machines with Windows 10 MRR licenses?

We are due to fill a 1500pc order and we have to type each of those things manually?

Does someone have a work-around?

Sean Dion

TKO Electronics, Inc.

31113 Via Colinas

Westlake Village, Ca. 91362

818-879-2233

818-879-2299 fax

sd...@tkoelectronics.com

aim: tkoSeanD

cid:image001.jpg@01CFEF6A.2C09DF10

http://www.marketpoint.com/img/Partnerlogos.png

Me Poozler

Jul 27, 2016, 4:58:24 AM7/27/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
ubuntu

Sean Dion

Jul 27, 2016, 10:36:32 AM7/27/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

I was kind of hoping that someone from Microsoft might come back with something on this one.

Manually type in a security code???

Sean Dion
TKO Electronics, inc.
sd...@tkoelectronics.com
818-879-2233

Get Outlook for Mobile

Santi Castro Olivares

Jul 28, 2016, 9:43:56 AM7/28/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

We come back prehistory

Ozzie Serrano

Jul 31, 2016, 4:00:31 PM7/31/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

One of our techs is testing some OCR (Optical Character Recognition) programs. To capture the security codes, and import them on a spreadsheet to upload MRR portal.

We have something that is working, but not quite efficient enough for production.  We working on finding a program that will allow us to use templates, instead of having to manually highlight the areas with the codes that we need.

We're currently using free OCR, but we have to manually grab the codes.  If anyone has any ideas, or is using a more efficient program.  Feel free to share.

ozzie serrano

Alex Tabony

Aug 3, 2016, 6:06:32 PM8/3/16
to refurbishers
Any new info on this? We are just starting with Windows 10 and now understand what this issue is about. I am sure we are very low volume compared to many of you but it’s still a headache.

Sean Dion

Aug 3, 2016, 6:11:04 PM8/3/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com, sean...@microsoft.com

I was able to speak with Sean Nicholson from Microsoft.

No promises, but he’ll look into seeing if a scannable security code be added for an upcoming printing.  We’re crossing our fingers.  This is a HUGE issue for us.  I almost hope I don’t get Windows 10 orders as a result.  I said “almost” LOL

Santi Castro Olivares

Nov 5, 2016, 8:15:07 PM11/5/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Why not add a barcode? This way you can scan the code without losing security. Manually enter code in 2016...

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/refurbishers.

Charles M

Nov 5, 2016, 8:38:14 PM11/5/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
The most recent MRR Update newsletter from Microsoft mentions they are looking into adding a barcode for the security code. This doesn't help now, but it's great that they're taking it seriously. Fingers crossed it happens before we order our first batch.
Charles McColm, Author: Instant XBMC,
Columnist: Full Circle Magazine,
Project Manager: The Working Centre Computer Recycling Project
Web: http://www.theworkingcentre.org/cr/
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Twitter/Identica/Google+: @chaslinux