Windows Games

Pat Furr

Apr 17, 2014, 1:18:42 PM4/17/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

We have a program for seniors (65 and older) as they are now the least likely group to have a computer.  We like to install the Window Games such as Solitaire as it can be a good way to teach some computer skills.

We find that some computers freeze when running the Windows games such as the HP-dc5700.  Has anyone else found the same problem or better yet fix?

Pat Furr

racornett921

Apr 17, 2014, 4:43:14 PM4/17/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
We install games on our computers and haven't had anyone say they don't work.

Me Poozler

Apr 22, 2014, 9:42:04 AM4/22/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Some thoughts from a former computer refurbisher guy:

I remember reading somewhere that these games were originally in Windows to help people develop their  mouse pointing and clicking skills.

Try downloading a different version of the games.

I remember loading my Windows 7 image to similar to those HP desktops that were designed for Vista and XP ; everything seemed to work fine except for the demo videos in WMP. They would have some slight annoying video playback distortion issues. They worked fine in XP or Vista though.  Could be a similar issue.

Sometimes different chipsets and or video cards made a difference too.

Have you tried clean install on the specific hardware not using RPK or other image ? .

Mmmmmmmmaaaaaaaybe its time try Ubuntu again.