RE: End of win 7 and 8.1

Patrick Chezzie

Apr 18, 2016, 11:23:37 PM4/18/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

If win7 and 8.1 licenses are to be discontinued as of October 31, will it be the end of the free upgrade to windows 10? And will it come to an end for all those who have upgraded already? I personally dislike windows 10, as it brings back memories of Millenium and Vista. Absolutely horrible! Building on the same platform with the same old vulnerabilities that all versions have had. Unable to protect pagefile and hiberfil from all the viruses out there, no matter what antivirus on uses. Is win 10 security better?

Sean Dion

Apr 18, 2016, 11:27:50 PM4/18/16
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Download and install something called "Classic Shell" after installing Windows 10.  You would never know you are using Windows 10.

I used it for about 6 months.  I sell computers to a school district that puts it on every one of their district computers.  It is awesome.

But I have since switched back to standard Windows 10 in order to get used to it.  I'm not quite there yet :)

Get Outlook for Mobile