documenting things

Thomas Moloney

Mar 31, 2018, 6:37:37 PM3/31/18
to refurbishers
hey all,

Between Micosoft and e-Stewards, I have to keep track of pretty much everything I ever do, does anyone have any recommendations on software or other ways to keep track of assets and things like hardware test logs, software logs, and HDD wipe logs?

Thanks!

Scott Barker

Apr 2, 2018, 12:49:04 PM4/2/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Although we are looking at a new ERP system right now, we do all of this in Google sheets.  This allows us to search across the platform, even a single serial number or asset tag can be found immediately without regard to what spreadsheet it is on. It can also be accessed remotely if we do an onsite log.

Scott

George Hinkle

Apr 2, 2018, 1:03:36 PM4/2/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Makor ERP  http://www.makorerp.com

George Hinkle
President, ARCOA Group
office: 847 599 9001
cell phone: 847 682 6093

3300 Washington St.
Waukegan, IL 60085
www.thinkarcoa.com

Note: The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

Me Poozler

Apr 4, 2018, 11:18:44 AM4/4/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
you gotta pay - but it  is good software

Michael Cheslock

Apr 4, 2018, 11:32:48 AM4/4/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Blancco is a solid option for the actual data wiping, but it’s asset tracking capabilities aren’t really a replacement for the quality ERP’s that are available, in my experience.

IQ Reseller and Makor ERP are both ERN Vendors (offering meaningful discounts to Members) with reputable products, and RazorERP is another reportedly solid solution for this as well.

Mike Cheslock | Co-founder

1495807917821_sig_logo.png

p: (800) 913-7650 ext. 701

e: mi...@eReuseServices.com

w: www.eReuseServices.com www.eReuseConference.com

www.eReuseNetwork.com

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 3:37 PM, Thomas Moloney <god...@gmail.com> wrote:

hey all,

Between Micosoft and e-Stewards, I have to keep track of pretty much everything I ever do, does anyone have any recommendations on software or other ways to keep track of assets and things like hardware test logs, software logs, and HDD wipe logs?

Thanks!

Visit this group at
https://groups.google.com/group/refurbishers.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Michael Cheslock

Apr 4, 2018, 11:35:54 AM4/4/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

Blancco is a solid option for the actual data wiping, but it’s asset tracking capabilities aren’t really a replacement for the quality ERP’s that are available, in my experience.

IQ Reseller and Makor ERP are both ERN Vendors (with meaningful discounts for Members) who have reputable products, and RazorERP is another reportedly solid solution for this type of requirement.

Apr 5, 2018, 7:17:56 AM4/5/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
There's an awesome new solution from extreme protocols in Massachusetts.

Information Technology Exchange
156 Searsport Avenue, Belfast, Maine 04915

Confidentiality Notice: This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for the use of the person or persons to whom it is addressed, and should be treated as a confidential communication of the Information Technology Exchange.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any further use, dissemination, copy, distribution, printing or disclosure of the communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender, return the original e-mail to us by mail and delete it from your system.  Your cooperation in protecting confidential information is appreciated.

David Franquesa

Apr 5, 2018, 7:24:35 AM4/5/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

oh Chris, please explain that.
Also you can use ereuse.org opensource tools, for internal and external chain of custody, attached a paper we are presenting at this conference http://computingwithinlimits.org/2018 on May
Regards,
David

Confidentiality Notice: This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for the use of the person or persons to whom it is addressed, and should be treated as a confidential communication of the Information Technology Exchange.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any further use, dissemination, copy, distribution, printing or disclosure of the communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender, return the original e-mail to us by mail and delete it from your system.  Your cooperation in protecting confidential information is appreciated. --
limits2018-final13.pdf

Chris Martin

Apr 5, 2018, 7:37:40 AM4/5/18
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
Sure David...

In my own search for a decent, modest cost asset recording, inventorying, testing and imaging solution, I ran into Roger at Extreme Protocol Solutions and his new Xtreme products that connect to each other (drive wiping, imaging, testing etc).

Some of these components are in their infancy, but he's really thought about his customers needs...worth a call/demo and he won't pester you to death with follow ups.

Cheers

Thomas Moloney

Apr 9, 2018, 12:35:51 PM4/9/18
to refurbishers