Weird things found in computers

Charles M

Apr 15, 2014, 10:20:46 AM4/15/14
to Refurbishers Mailinglist

I'm sure all the refurbishers accepting personal computer donations from individuals sometimes find some pretty bizarre things in computers. This morning we found a plastic coat hanger in a system brought in for repair. In the past we've found pencils, equipment just thrown in (3 motherboards in one case), and money (though it always ends up being nickles or dimes and we always give people their items back).

A morning smile for the list.

Jim Mc

Apr 15, 2014, 11:13:34 AM4/15/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
I pulled this out of a Dell GX240 during my first month of working for the CACRC.  I have kept it as a souvenir for four years now.

Inline image 1Inline image 2

Jim McCarthy
Program Manager
Capital Area Corporate Recycling Council

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Charles M <chas...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sure all the refurbishers accepting personal computer donations from individuals sometimes find some pretty bizarre things in computers. This morning we found a plastic coat hanger in a system brought in for repair. In the past we've found pencils, equipment just thrown in (3 motherboards in one case), and money (though it always ends up being nickles or dimes and we always give people their items back).

A morning smile for the list.

Richard Seymour

Apr 15, 2014, 10:29:53 AM4/15/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

http://wiki.freegeek.org/index.php/Found_in_donations

Nancy Jo Craig

Apr 15, 2014, 1:12:31 PM4/15/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
hundreds of baby roaches that invaded our facility.

Lorraine Kerwood

Apr 15, 2014, 1:18:16 PM4/15/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
At NextStep we've had a nest of baby birds, mice, and spiders, natch. We've also had dentures, cash, marijuana, and drum roll please: a human femur! (Verified by local university)
Lorraine
Founder, NextStep Recycling

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Mc