How to Activate for End User and Still Show EULA?

Carl Johnson

Apr 11, 2014, 11:32:43 AM4/11/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
On page 26, section 7, of the Microsoft Refurbisher Program Guide it states, "Alternatively, if you have activated the license on behalf of the end user customer, you have configured the PC to prompt the end user customer to accept the License Terms."

We would like to activate the computers for our customers. Do you have any resources on how to display the EULA to the end user after activating it on their behalf?

I tried booting into audit mode, activating then rebooting to OOBE in order to display the EULA. When I did this and tried it out, it prompted me to reactivate.

Michael Furst

Apr 14, 2014, 10:56:44 AM4/14/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com
You can do it. It requires a couple of things:

1. You will need to have the product key ahead of time (no problem there)
2. You will need to create an unattended xml file for sysprep to process. Most often this is done using Windows SIM (System Image Manager). This program comes with Windows OPK and also with the WAIK. Make sure you have the correct version (i.e. Windows 7)
3. After activating you will need to place the product key within the unattend file that you created. You will also need to set the flag for "SkipRearm". The Security-SPP Component contains this flag.
4. You will next need to run Sysprep with the /generalize command in addition of specifying your new Unattend.xml file.

It seems pretty daunting, but it isn't too bad. You should be able to use this generic unattend file for most of your images.

Michael Furst | COO | PC Rebuilders & Recyclers
  4734 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60651
 mfu...@pcrr.com | (773) 545-7575 x7001

Stay in touch:

Carl Johnson

Apr 15, 2014, 10:38:06 AM4/15/14
to refurb...@googlegroups.com, mfu...@pcrr.com
Thank you, I will give it a shot and see how it goes. Any ideas on activating many computers at once instead of one by one under the refurb program?