Waste heat to electricity

Phil Shapiro

Aug 23, 2015, 11:43:13 AM8/23/15
to refurbishers

  I meant to explain in my last email that as the energy needs of computers goes down
(as with the $9 Linux computer coming out next year), then there is a natural interest in
figuring out how to power these devices using even more efficient power sources.

   For example, if Google provides free (or very low cost) internet to the country of Sri Lanka
(via Project Loon), then the $9 Linux computer becomes an attractive eductional tool for
schools. And if the school doesn't have electricity, than a waste heat to electricity process
can be the final piece in the puzzle of bringing the resources of the internet to a remote school.

          Then the question becomes to figure out sources of waste heat -- hopefully renewal and
ecological sources of waste heat.

                  phil
Phil Shapiro, psha...@his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html