Blancco has acquired DBAN

Jim Lynch

May 12, 2017, 11:25:13 AM5/12/17
to refurbishers
For better or worse, apparently data sanitization giant Blancco Technologies has acquired the free app DBAN - Darik's Boot and Nuke that many small shops use. I got this nugget of info from today's ZDnet piece:

How to securely erase any hard drive, SSD, flash drive, iPhone, iPad or Android device

-jim

chaslinux

May 12, 2017, 1:55:49 PM5/12/17
to Refurbishers Mailinglist
Afaik blancco had always owned dban. Dban is just the floss app that came first.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Jim Lynch

May 12, 2017, 4:52:23 PM5/12/17
to refurb...@googlegroups.com

I’m not sure exactly what Charles McColm is saying below, but Charles Brennick quietly told me that Blancco Technologies has owned DBAN since 2012. My apologies for this woefully out of date news.

-jim

chaslinux

May 12, 2017, 5:05:50 PM5/12/17
to Refurbishers Mailinglist
Sorry afaik is "As Far As I Know." We've used dban for awhile and looked at Blancco specifically because of the connection to dban, but costs are pretty prohibitive for community based refurbishers on a tight budget.