Re: page versioning

Uģis Ozols

Sep 12, 2012, 3:36:02 PM9/12/12
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately no - Refinery CMS doesn't provide page versioning out of the box.

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:37:33 PM UTC+3, Jonathan Collins wrote:
Does this system give you the option to keep page versions? I would like to find a cms that if a customer messes up a page they can revert to a previous version.

Jason Stafford

Oct 2, 2015, 4:57:26 PM10/2/15
to Refinery CMS
I have a customer that we setup with Refinery CMS and they are not happy because of this missing feature and are comparing it other common CMSs that have this functionality and asking why we selected a CMS that doesn't have this. Now I'm tasked with trying to figure out how to add this in. Does anyone have any other recommendations or some possible solutions that could be setup with Refinery to support page versioning?

Thanks,

Anita Graham

Oct 3, 2015, 9:45:18 PM10/3/15
to Refinery CMS
Just some thoughts:

To add page versioning

1. decorate page by adding a version to it. (Perhaps change draft from a boolean to something else)
2. Manage versions:  limit number of versions saved or force explicit version save?
3. Make move to 'live' status more explicit?

What do you want from page versioning?

Brice Sanchez

Feb 2, 2016, 11:47:12 PM2/2/16
to Refinery CMS