Re: Using full Amazon S3 URL

Andrew Havens

Feb 5, 2013, 1:55:42 PM2/5/13
to refine...@googlegroups.com
I should clarify that it is the requests for PDFs that have been uploaded that are causing the timeout errors. These files should be hosted on Amazon S3 and so the URL should ideally link to Amazon S3. Is there something that I need to configure? Should it be working out of the box? Is this a feature that I need to implement or change?

Thanks,
Andrew

Philip Arndt

Feb 5, 2013, 2:50:17 PM2/5/13
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Just link to resource.file.remote_url instead of resource.url

Andrew Havens

Feb 5, 2013, 2:54:14 PM2/5/13
to refine...@googlegroups.com
> Just link to resource.file.remote_url instead of resource.url

I'm not linking to it programmatically, the user is uploading the files through the Refinery admin interface and linking to those files using the wysiwyg area of a page. I'm assuming it is Refinery that is linking to the resource.url in this case.

--Andrew

Philip Arndt

Feb 5, 2013, 5:05:06 PM2/5/13
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's true.. I'm not sure how you'd get around that without patching the code, sorry.. perhaps we should use the remote URL in this case anyway? Or perhaps where we detect that you're using S3 and you're picking a resource it presents an option to do this? (or the developer can specify a rule via resources config setting?)

Matthew Ford

May 20, 2015, 3:23:04 PM5/20/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Any ideas on how to do this? I have inherited an application which is timing out on file downloads.