Enabling Custom Layout Template

Dave Lindberg

Apr 27, 2016, 7:54:30 AM4/27/16
to Refinery CMS
I've been working through the process of adding a new template as per the guide

In config/initializers/refinery/pages.rb:

  # config.layout_template_whitelist = [:application, :childcontent]

# config.use_layout_templates = true
For the whiltelist array, I've tried using symbols (shown above and in the guide) and using quoted names (as per the pages.rb default).

In views/layouts I've created a new file named childcontent.html.erb which contains:
<%= yield %>

However, In the back end, there's no option to select the layout template.

Here's a screen shot:

Anita Graham

Apr 28, 2016, 12:01:47 AM4/28/16
to Refinery CMS
Have you restarted your server?
Have you removed those comment signs #?

Dave Lindberg

Apr 28, 2016, 7:15:26 AM4/28/16
to Refinery CMS
 Right.. Thanks for the reminder to do the obvious! All's well now.
 :-)