refinerycms-blog

fugee ohu

Jan 12, 2018, 6:12:04 PM1/12/18
to Refinery CMS
Why hasn't refinerycms-blog been updated since 2013? Is this still usable or something to avoid?

Philip Arndt

Jan 12, 2018, 6:12:55 PM1/12/18
to refine...@googlegroups.com
There is work happening right now to update it to support Refinery version 4.0:

So I would imagine that it'll be released quite soon.
Message has been deleted

fugee ohu

Jan 12, 2018, 9:32:21 PM1/12/18
to Refinery CMS
Thanks Do you know what was the last refinerycms version it worked with? My understanding was ~> 2.1.0 which would mean I could use 2.1.5 which was followed by 3.0.0 I dunno if I should try to get this working using refinerycms 2.1.5 in the meanwhile and then try to upgrade the whole app after the new version of refinerycms-blog is released What do you recommend Will I find the old version of refinerycms stable?

fugee ohu

Jan 13, 2018, 12:05:17 AM1/13/18
to Refinery CMS

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:12:55 PM UTC-5, parndt wrote:
Haven't been able to  get this working on any rails version

fugee ohu

Jan 13, 2018, 2:09:56 PM1/13/18
to Refinery CMS

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:12:55 PM UTC-5, parndt wrote:
How do I use it now without waiting for the merge

Richard Moulton

Feb 4, 2018, 4:29:43 AM2/4/18
to Refinery CMS
The following works for me using Refinery 3.0.6.

$ ruby -v
# ruby 2.4.3p205 (2017-12-14 revision 61247) [x86_64-linux]

$ rails -v
# Rails 4.2.10

$ gem install refinerycms -v 3.0.6

$ refinerycms _3.0.6_ myblog

Now update your Gemfile to include ...
gem 'refinerycms-blog', ['~> 3.0', '>= 3.0.0'], git: "https://github.com/refinery/refinerycms-blog", branch: "3-0-stable"
$ cd myblog
$ bundle install
I then followed the remaining installation instructions
$ rails generate refinery:blog
$ rake db:migrate
$ rake db:seed
$ rails server