Compatible with Rails4?

nic...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2015, 8:09:34 AM1/27/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
I'm a complete newbie and was wondering whether Refinery is compatible with Ruby 4.
On the homepage http://refinerycms.com it sais it is compatible with Rails 4.1.
But in the Getting Started guide states: "As Refinery CMS is not compatible with Rails 4 you may also need to specify the Rails version in case you are not using an RVM gemset".

Thanks,
Nick

parndt

Jan 27, 2015, 4:08:35 PM1/27/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Yes, we do support Rails 4 and 4.1 but currently it's not in the form of a released gem.  In place of the installation step, you have to install this way:

gem install rails --version 4.1.9
rails _4
.1.9_ new rickrockstar -m http://refinerycms.com/t/edge

Hope that helps you, we're hoping to have the 3.0.0 gem out soon so that this custom step isn't required.