amazon s3 disabling SSLv3

Francois Harbec

May 5, 2015, 7:59:44 PM5/5/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
I received an email from amazon that they are going to disable sslv3 support on s3 on May 20, 2015.  In the email they cited a bucket that I'm using
that has been receiving sslv3 requests and it turns out that this bucket is used by an older refinery 2.0.x site. I'm guessing
that fog is uploading images to s3 using SSLv3.

Wondering if anyone else has confirmed this and if so have you found a fix?

There is an issue about it on the fog repo:

Francois Harbec

May 5, 2015, 11:46:35 PM5/5/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
I looked a bit further into this. In my particular case I was able to use wireshark to confirm that it was the file upload that was using sslv3.
And I was able to confirm that updating the fog gem from version 1.6 to 1.29 fixed the issue.