Image on mobile not working

tho...@krakenlabs.io

Mar 6, 2015, 9:03:24 PM3/6/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I'm probably missing something simple here. I've uploaded some images in the refinery admin, and I'm using the link with the sha on my homepage. On desktop, everything looks great, on mobile, all broken links for the images. I've tried it on a multiple phones, and I've been able to replicate it locally by changing the User Agent in my browser to an iPhone.

Any ideas? Thanks

-Thomas

olla ollu

Mar 8, 2015, 3:47:32 AM3/8/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
- When it was replicated locally did you see the images?
- When it showed on your desktop, was it on localhost or it's a hosted website?
- Have you tried viewing your website from another desktop to see if the image links are also broken?

tho...@krakenlabs.io

Mar 10, 2015, 11:14:07 AM3/10/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
I did some digging. It was because I wasn't using S3, and the files being uploaded to Heroku are temporary and eventually expire.

olla ollu

Mar 10, 2015, 11:16:32 AM3/10/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com

Yes. That was what I suspected also. This link should help with how to use S3 for the backend that's if you haven't already followed and set it up.
http://refinerycms.com/guides/amazon-s3-for-uploads