Seeking volunteer webmaster for community group using Rails/Refinery

catwalker

Nov 30, 2015, 8:50:44 PM11/30/15
to Refinery CMS
Hello,

I am looking for a volunteer to help a community group by supporting our website.   Our website is  built on Rails, specifically the Refinery CMS and is hosted on Heroku.  Our webmaster is moving on, and we would like to find a new volunteer to look after the website operations.  This would involve maintaining and extending the code the site runs on.  (The content is written, maintained, and updated by myself and others.)  The site also depends on a database using Postgres.  The source code is on github.   I hope I've described this properly, as coding is not my field!   Our outgoing webmaster can provide some guidance in getting started.

The software provides both in communication with the public (attendees, media) and to improve efficiency of the organizers.

The organization is Jane's Walk Ottawa, based in Ottawa, Ontario.  You can take a look at our website at www.janeswalkottawa.ca.   You're welcome to poke around there, or I can provide a walkthrough.  The site supports both English and French content.  The webmaster does not need to be fluent in French.

Jane's Walk is a festival of free neighbourhood walking tours that takes place at the beginning of May each year.  Jane's Walk helps put people in touch with their city, the things that happen around them, the built environment, the natural environment, and especially with each other.  Jane's Walk bridges social and geographic gaps and creates a space for cities to discover themselves.  Learn more at http://www.janeswalkottawa.ca/background/about-janes-walk.

Catwalker