The new TinyMCE Visual Editing for RefineryCMS

ekonotek

Jun 1, 2016, 10:43:04 PM6/1/16
to Refinery CMS
First a couple of comments, then a question.
I started the process of replacing Refinery WYMeditor with the new TinyMCE Visual Editing for RefineryCMS, since there are no guides as to how to do it I tried several paths until I hit on using

gem 'refinerycms-tinymce', :git => 'git://github.com/ghoppe/refinerycms-tinymce.git'
.

And this finally worked!
(This just in case someone else needs an idea)

Then I ran into a problem because I had installed the Refinery-Product extension which requires 'refinery-wymeditor'.
After successfully removing product, the server started. However, the new editor does not come up except for my own extensions.
That is, editing a Page is broken.

Now the question: Has anyone successfully made the move to TinyMCE?

Thanks in advance.

Brice Sanchez

Jun 3, 2016, 10:00:24 AM6/3/16
to Refinery CMS
Hello!

refinerycms-products does not need an hard dependency to WYMEditor, i've removed it :

I never tried to use another WYSIWYG editor but perhaps refinerycms-tinymce needs more work to be usable with Pages.

ekonotek .

Jun 3, 2016, 12:57:18 PM6/3/16
to refine...@googlegroups.com
That's what I thought thank you.
I've never done that but if I get a chance I'll look into the tinymce extension for something glaring to fix.
Thank you again,
Rafael Cervantes