Must have Amazon S3 when using images?

mag...@studioalice.se

May 24, 2015, 6:29:33 AM5/24/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Now I have a working site on Heroku (yay!). But I don't fully understand if you must have a Amazon S3 account (I don't) to be able to upload (and use) images.

I have a "Events" engine with a image field. Created a new event and uploaded an image - and it works!?! Looking at the path for the image it is something like:
src="/system/images/yadayadayada"

Does this only work temporally? Do you "must" have Amazon S3?

Best,
Magnus

mag...@studioalice.se

May 24, 2015, 7:12:31 AM5/24/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Opps!
Just realized the this "system" folder is just on my own computer ;) Well, must have Amazon S2 then.

// Magnus

Philip Arndt

May 24, 2015, 5:33:37 PM5/24/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
With Heroku you must use a system like S3 because every time the app restarts (each day with Heroku) your image files will be lost if they're stored there.