Large PDF files won't display in browser

Fernando Aleman

Mar 10, 2015, 9:53:19 AM3/10/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
I am currently using Refinery 2.1 and have adjusted Nginx to allow for large file uploads. In the Files section of the admin, it has no problem uploading a 60MB file. However, when I click on the file to view it in the browser, the PDF just opens up and all I get is a blank gray screen.

FYI, on the backend, the files are being uploaded to Rackspace Cloud CDN and I have confirmed that I can indeed open up the direct link to the CDN file in a browser without a problem.

How can I fix this?

Philip Arndt

Mar 10, 2015, 5:46:46 PM3/10/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
Is this in the admin interface?

If it's the frontend, you could tell it to use the remote URL (i.e. direct from Rackspace) which might clear up the issue?

Fernando Aleman

Mar 10, 2015, 8:00:38 PM3/10/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
It's in the front end. How would I enable remote URL?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 10, 2015, at 4:46 PM, Philip Arndt <par...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this in the admin interface?

If it's the frontend, you could tell it to use the remote URL (i.e. direct from Rackspace) which might clear up the issue?

Philip Arndt

Mar 10, 2015, 8:10:12 PM3/10/15
to refine...@googlegroups.com
If you have an image object you can do this:

    Refinery::Resource.last.file.remote_url

So assuming you had @resource, it'd be:

    @resource.file.remote_url

Fernando Aleman