Work on the Humour/Writing Section of My Home site

1 view

Shlomi Fish

Feb 18, 2013, 12:46:27 PM2/18/13
to Redisters
Hi all,

I recently did a lot of work on the humour / writing section of my home site,
which has a blanket licence of CC-by-sa. Here is what I did.

1. http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Selina-Mandrake/ - I added a lot of text
to this screenplay, as well as a nice photo of a 1d10 D&D die that I found on
Wikimedia Commons to spice the page a little. Reading from the description:

<<<<<
A geeky Anglo-American girl in her high school senior year in 2011
California, finds out that she is none other than The Slayer, a legendary
heroine who is destined to slay many notable vampires and demons, culminating
in none other than The Master, the vampire with the oldest soul. See how she
manages to do so, despite being completely non-violent, and even supportive of
the demons she encounters.

This is a parody of the telvision series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, while
referencing other pieces of popular culture and references, and has many ties
ties to my other screenplay, Star Trek: “We, the Living Dead”. It’s
far-fetched, but, on the other hand, conveys some serious messages and
insights.

I also now placed the sources for the screenplay in a GitHub git repository, so
it will be more self-contained.

2. http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/ - I added more factoids about
people and things here, including
http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/NSA/ as well as a Hebrew
translation of http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/ and
http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/XSLT/ (in the links).

3. There's an ongoing English translation of
http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Pope/ (= “The Pope Died on Sunday”) from the
Hebrew original, and I hope to continue working on it as time permits.

4. http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/human-hacking/ (= “The Human Hacking
Field Guide”) was improved with a logo, some references and links for
more information and more. Reading from the description:

<<<<<
Human Hacking Field Guide Logo

An unlikely female computer hacker (= software enthusiast, not a computer
intruder)-wannabe is getting taught by an even more unlikely female computer
hacker. It takes place in Los Angeles, California and is written in English.

The story (a novella) is original and complete and is made available, along
with its source code under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike License
(Unported), either version 3.0, or at your option, any later version. Share,
build upon, even sell, and Enjoy! (As long as you keep the derivatives under
the same licence.)

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish