Announcing the Free and Open Works wiki (replacing the FOSsil Bank)

Chris Sakkas

Oct 24, 2015, 1:45:09 AM10/24/15
to open-...@lists.okfn.org, Discussion of Free Culture in general and this organization in particular, redi...@googlegroups.com, fossi...@lists.okfn.org
Hi folks,

You may remember that for a few years I posted semi-regular updates to these lists about the FOSsil Bank, a catalogue of low copyright works (public domain, free and open, other Creative Commons licences, etc.).

The FOSsil Bank has been retired, and as of last week I'm encouraging everyone to check out Free and Open Works instead: http://faow.referata.com/wiki/Welcome_to_Free_and_Open_Works!

The new wiki runs off Semantic MediaWiki, so it's a bit cleverer in terms of metadata, the forms to submit a work are much easier and faster to use, and it's running off entirely free and open software.

Please do check it out, share it with your networks, and contribute to it; there's also a formal press release if you're interested in some more information - or you can write to me privately or on these lists if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,
Chris