sentinel fails over issue

Can Kaya

Jul 25, 2018, 5:20:10 PM7/25/18
to Redis DB
Hi,
i am newbie about redis and sentinel.and i need your help. i want to highly available redis setup in my enviroment. i have a three machine which runs redis and sentinel each of it. 3 redis and 3 sentinel instance. everything looks great except failover. i shared my setup below. What am i missing. probably i miss something.

Thanks.

Can Kaya

Jul 25, 2018, 5:30:18 PM7/25/18
to Redis DB
i found a lot of example about this concept nearly all of them installed 3 different instance on 1 machine. all configuration holds 127.0.0.1. what about the different machine setup

Chris Holman

Jul 26, 2018, 8:06:01 AM7/26/18
to redi...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

sentinel monitor redis-cluster 10.0.23.242 6379 2
Each of your Sentinels is configured to monitor the local redis instance to them, not the master instance. You can see in your config file that the 2nd and 3rd sentinels don't know about all 3 sentinels, as there is only one `sentinel known-sentinel redis-cluster` entry

When issuing the `sentinel monitor`  command, you should pass the adddress of the master, not the server's local address. So in this case, you should do on all 3 sentinels ...

```

sentinel remove redis-cluster