Redis Event data persistence

anku...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 2:09:40 AM9/21/16
to Redis DB
Hi ,

I am new in using Redis . I have used the pub sub feature of Redis . Now one query is that if my Subscriber looses connection / connection broken , is there a way to queue the Redis events eg. "Key has expired"

Thanks ,

Ankur.

Jan-Erik Rediger

Sep 21, 2016, 3:53:11 AM9/21/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com
No, PubSub is fire-and-forget. If no one is subscribed, the event is
dropped.

anku...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 6:43:02 AM9/21/16
to Redis DB, jan...@fnordig.de
Thanks .

Is there any plan of adding this one as a feature in future? It will be really helpful . It can be like a permanent persistence but something associated with a TTL.

Dvir Volk

Sep 21, 2016, 7:37:38 AM9/21/16
to Redis DB, jan...@fnordig.de
There has been some design work done by @antirez towards something along those lines, you can see the discussion and draft here:

currently it's not under active development.