Does Redis support API calls

Arti Negi

Feb 15, 2017, 6:56:36 AM2/15/17
to Redis DB
I was wondering whether Redis support API call or not. In my scenario, User is requesting to a server and In response, it is forming data using Redis. My application can have multi user so there could be multiple requests. Is Redis capable of handling these requests?

Jan-Erik Rediger

Feb 15, 2017, 7:02:43 AM2/15/17
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Your question is quite unclear.
Redis itself provides an API to access data stored inside Redis. All
available commands are documented here: https://redis.io/commands

Your application would use a connection to Redis to sent and receive
data to/from Redis.

Arti Negi

Feb 16, 2017, 4:07:54 AM2/16/17
to Redis DB, jan...@fnordig.de
Actually, we have a list of users and when these users call APIs and there could be multiple requests to Redis. Is Redis capable of handling these requests?

Jan-Erik Rediger

Feb 16, 2017, 4:21:25 AM2/16/17
to Arti Negi, Redis DB
That does not really help to clear things up.
Of course Redis can handle multiple requests. Due to its
single-threadedness no two requests will ever execute at the same time,
but this does not stop Redis from responding to hundred thousands of
requests per second.

Arti Negi

Feb 16, 2017, 5:48:18 AM2/16/17
to Jan-Erik Rediger, Arti Negi, Redis DB
Thanks, Jan.