MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots.

Sumanth Kondaveeti

Jun 6, 2016, 1:11:05 PM6/6/16
to Redis DB
Hello guys,
I am very new to Redis. I Installed Redis In my local and added lettuce dependency as JAVA client. My application inserts the data into database table and then It selects from the same table. I decided to use Redis instead of using the database table and I installed Redis and inserted the values coming from the application into Redis using the command hmset() . For getting the values from the Redis I used command hgetall() by passing the key used to set then I will get the inserted values. I now no need to call database. I tried to debug the application and I was able to insert and select from the Redis. But, next time when I tried calling the method hmset() it is throwing an Exception.

The Exception is:  MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the error.

The lettuce client I used :
               <dependency>
<groupId>biz.paluch.redis</groupId>
<artifactId>lettuce</artifactId>
<version>3.2.Final</version>
</dependency>

This is the connection String I used as redis connects through port 6379.

        RedisClient redisClient = new RedisClient(RedisURI.create("redis://localhost:6379"));
         RedisConnection<String, String> redisConnection = redisClient.connect();

I hope somebody in the group can assist me why I am getting this error.

Thanks,
Sumanth

Tuco

Jun 7, 2016, 12:29:15 AM6/7/16
to Redis DB
redis is configured to save the rdb file to disk, but once the rdb file cannot be saved because of some reason, then redis starts to give the error because of the default parameter "stop-writes-on-bgsave-error yes" in your redis.conf file.
You need to check why did the background save fail for you....and fix it..
Once redis is able to save, it will not give this error.

Sumanth Kondaveeti

Jun 7, 2016, 10:10:59 AM6/7/16
to Redis DB
Thanks TUCO, I changed the version of Redis(2.4.6) and I was able to insert the value and get the value using hashes when I keep client and server cmd prompt open. when I close the Redis Server the data persisted is gone. How I can get data back. Is AOF persistence is the solution. I more thing Is can we make Redis as shared thing In server and access by the other servers.

Thanks
Sumanth