Redis cluster setup on windiws machine

Sandeep Paliwal

May 7, 2015, 7:45:45 AM5/7/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Is there any step by step tutorial/article available to guide how to setup redis cluster on windows machine.
I downloaded the redis (2.8.19) binaries which work on windows from https://raw.github.com/ServiceStack/redis-windows/master/downloads/redis64-latest.zip

the conf file does not contain any cluster related settings making me believe that cluster support is not yet available for windows. is it true or I am missing something??

thanks,
Sandeep

Jan-Erik Rediger

May 7, 2015, 7:52:31 AM5/7/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
The Windows fork of Redis is maintained by MSOpenTech:
https://github.com/msopentech/redis

It's currently based on Redis 2.8 and thus does not contain Cluster
functionality.

If they ever update this to 3.0 and include Cluster is unknown to me.

Robert

May 7, 2015, 10:13:49 AM5/7/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
I just joined this group to ask the same question.  We are moving away from AppFabric and Redis (on Azure) was recommended as a replacement.  I got it installed and two Windows servers and cannot find any documentation on how to cluster it.

I saw some people posting about Redis Sentinel on here.  Will Sentinel give us that functionality?

Josiah Carlson

May 8, 2015, 2:16:42 PM5/8/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Sentinel offers a high-availability solution for single-shards or client-sharded Redis servers. Redis Cluster is a different operating mode that is only available in Redis 3.0 and later, and offers automatic key distribution via sharding.

It's not the same. Whether it will work for you will depend on your needs, which you have not specified.

 - Josiah

Gihwta Mim

Jul 3, 2016, 9:21:54 AM7/3/16
to Redis DB, jan...@fnordig.de
Hello,
now redis 3 allows the feature of redis cluster on windows
could you give me the steps to setup redis cluster on one machine for windows
I tried to follow redis tutorial but I face some problems
Thanks