Scala client library for "redis cluster"

Deepak Mallya

May 18, 2016, 1:35:42 AM5/18/16
to Redis DB
Hey guys,

I've just started playing with the "redis cluster" setup (3.2.0) and would like to know the most widely used scala client libraries out there.

I checked out http://redis.io/clients#scala but its not quite clear if they support "redis cluster" features.

Does anyone know which one supports "redis cluster" features ? Also, any suggestions on which library to use ?

Thanks,
Deepak

AlexanderB

May 18, 2016, 7:50:25 PM5/18/16
to Redis DB
The impression I got from talking with people at the Redis Conference, is that you might be stuck calling into Jedis, the defacto Java Redis client. It's got fairly robust redis cluster support, and is used by projects like the Spark - Redis connector.

You can checkout how it gets called from Scala in that project since it's open source. https://github.com/RedisLabs/spark-redis/tree/master/src

Deepak Mallya

Jun 2, 2016, 6:46:48 PM6/2/16
to Redis DB
Thanks Alexander! I got the same impression looking at other scala clients (none of them supporting redis cluster so far). Thanks a lot for the pointers.

I'm looking for something to use from spark.  The spark-redis project (from RedisLabs) looks interesting. Do you have any experience using it or know of anyone using it in production ?

Thanks,
Deepak

Itamar Haber

Jun 2, 2016, 9:45:10 PM6/2/16
to Redis DB
And thanks Alexander for mentioning our spark-redis connector - rumor has it that a very nice update is coming for it soon :)

Itamar Haber | Chief Developer Advocate
Redis Watch Newsletter | &&(curat||edit||janit||)
Redis Labs ~/redis

Mobile: +972 (54) 567 9692
Email: ita...@redislabs.com
Twitter: @itamarhaber
Skype: itamar.haber

Blog  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn

AlexanderB

Jun 3, 2016, 6:22:46 PM6/3/16
to Redis DB
I did a bit of poking around reading about it, and suggested that some of my colleagues that look at that part of our infrastructure look into it, but we don't have anything deployed to production, nor will anytime in the near future. Might be something we look at down the road though.

Deepak Mallya

Jun 6, 2016, 3:54:01 PM6/6/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alexander!