In Master-Slave mode, Master is not loading rdb file while startup

deepakag...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 6:24:16 AM8/3/18
to Redis DB
Hi,
   I have configured a redis master-slave deployment. both nodes are configured to save Redis snapshot in .rdb format.
The deployment is behaving according to defined behavior i.e. storing the data in snapshot(.rdb file), until we restart the master node.

When the master node is restarted, it is not loading the rdb file, infact it is not even trying to load it. I checked the logs, it doesn't mention
any attempt to load from db.

As a result after restart the cache and the rdb file both becomes empty.

I double checked the configuration items.
1) aof is set to no
2) the directory name in config file is same as in which the rdb file is generation
3) RDB file name in the configuration file and on disk is matching
4) Redis Version : 3.0.7.8

Other Information
1) I tried to enable aof, after enabling aof, both rdb and aof are generated
2) After restarting master, the cache is initialized from the .aof db file (could see in log)

Questions:
1) What can be the reason for the redis cache not getting initialized from snapshot i.e. rdb file when aof is set to no?
2) What are the problem which i could face if i enable aof? My cache size can go upto several GB and has millions of keys.

Regards,
Deepak

hva...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 2:59:36 PM8/3/18
to Redis DB
Version 3.0.7.8 is a very unusual version number for the open source Redis.  First, v3.2.0 is from 2.5 years ago (Dec 2015), so any v3.0.x would be very old.  Second, the open source code versions had only 3 fields in the number rather than four.  This makes it look like the Redis you're using is someone's port to Windows or MacOS.

If the version number 3.0.7.8 was not a typing mistake, where did you get this Redis code from, and what operating system are you using on your servers?