Performance Metrics by Namespace / DB

Michael Tonks

Mar 13, 2018, 7:00:55 AM3/13/18
to Redis DB

Hi,

We are using Redis with Sentinel, to provide shared memory cache for multiple applications (microservices).

Each application uses different namespace, by prefixing the keys, e.g. myapp:....

This works great and usage has increased, so that we are now having to investigate performace issues.

Is there any way we can monitor which application or microservice is using the most resource?

i.e. I'm looking for throughput by keyspace, or something similar.

Is there a recommended way to approach this, i.e. to make each microservice use a different database, or a seperate redis instance?

I see that redis supports numbered databases (not names) but this seems like it's not quite intended for this purpose.

Thanks,

Mike

Navin Kaushik

Mar 23, 2022, 8:42:40 AM3/23/22
to Redis DB
Did you use numbered database or shift to separate redis instance ?