Redis Streams

Dominika Hurajtova

Jul 25, 2018, 8:55:06 AM7/25/18
to Redis DB
Hi,
I am trying to implement a PoC of Redis streams, but I am having an error when trying simple XADD command from redis-cli. Command line looks like this:

AMAC02VKKQ8HTD5:redis-5.0-rc1 dominika.hurajtova$ src/redis-cli

127.0.0.1:6379> XADD mystream * name Sara surname OConnor

(error) ERR unknown command 'XADD'

127.0.0.1:6379> set foo bar

OK

As you can see SET is working.
Can you please help me?

Thank you,
Dominika Hurajtova

Itamar Haber

Jul 25, 2018, 9:34:43 AM7/25/18
to Redis DB
Heelo Dominika,

You're probably running an older (than 5) version of redis-server - what does `info server` say?

Itamar Haber
Technicalist Evangenly

Phone: +972.54.567.9692

Redis Labs

Dominika Hurajtova

Jul 25, 2018, 9:58:39 AM7/25/18
to Redis DB
Oh, yeah. You are right. Even though I removed old Redis and installed version 5, info-server still says redis 4.0.8. I'll dig into it.

Thank you! And sorry for bothering with such silly question.

Dominika

Dňa streda, 25. júla 2018 15:34:43 UTC+2 Itamar Haber napísal(-a):

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 3:11 PM, Dominika Hurajtova <dhura...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to implement a PoC of Redis streams, but I am having an error when trying simple XADD command from redis-cli. Command line looks like this:

AMAC02VKKQ8HTD5:redis-5.0-rc1 dominika.hurajtova$ src/redis-cli

127.0.0.1:6379> XADD mystream * name Sara surname OConnor

(error) ERR unknown command 'XADD'

127.0.0.1:6379> set foo bar

OK

As you can see SET is working.
Can you please help me?

Thank you,
Dominika Hurajtova

Itamar Haber

Jul 25, 2018, 10:05:03 AM7/25/18
to Redis DB
It ain't silly - happens to me every time (so perhaps I'm a silly person ;))

Just send a `SHUTDOWN` to the Redis server (or sudo service redis_6379 stop, or similar) - then restart and it should be using the updated binary.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/redis-db.

Dominika Hurajtova

Jul 25, 2018, 10:11:58 AM7/25/18
to Redis DB
Works now, thank you! :)

Dominika

Dňa streda, 25. júla 2018 16:05:03 UTC+2 Itamar Haber napísal(-a):